A Special Report (in recognition of Coerced Abortion Awareness Week)
by Elliot Institute
Most abortions are unwanted or coerced. Many are forced.
From deceptive or coercive counseling to job and housing discrimination, pregnancy- or abortion-related violence or even homicide – the leading killer of pregnant women – abortion endangers women and children.
After abortion, women are further at risk as most suffer symptoms of trauma, death rates are nearly 4 times higher, and, in the first year after abortion, suicide rates are 6 times higher.
Abortion is endangering, maiming and killing women, too:
* When his wife refused to abort, her husband jumped on her stomach until their baby died . . .
* A daughter was pushed into an abortion clinic at gunpoint by her mother . . .
* Outside a parking garage, a physician shouted, “I’m giving you an abortion!” as he injected the mother of his child with an abortifacient drug . . .
* A school counselor ridiculed the student and put her on the weekly bus to the abortion clinic . . .
* A homeless woman was denied shelter until she had an abortion . . .
* A 13-year-old was returned to her molester after he took her in for a cover-up abortion . . .
* A waitress was fired after refusing to abort ...
Read entire report (Warning: Report contains descriptions of violence to women and children)